Many women deal with the problem of frequent urination which is troublesome especially at night. Urination is a natural process through which the body throws out the waste fluid but frequent urination in women can sometimes be something of concern. An overactive bladder may have other symptoms like burning sensation or pain associated with it in some cases. Frequent trips to the bathroom can be a source of embarrassment and inconvenience to the woman.
Causes – There could be many reasons which lead to this condition in women. Some of the causes of frequent urination in women are as follows:
1. Hormonal Changes: Women experience hormonal changes at many stages of their life. When these hormonal changes or imbalances occur, some side effects occur too. During pregnancy and menopause, the changes in the hormonal level can reduce the ability of the bladder to stretch therefore causing frequent urination in women.
2. Urinary Tract Infection: This infection is commonly seen in women and it causes the urge to urinate frequently sometimes accompanied by pain and burning sensation.
3. Diseases: Some underlying disease may be the cause of this condition. Diseases such as uterine tumors, ovarian diseases, chronic kidney diseases and diabetes can constrict the bladder resulting in feeling or urge to urinate frequently.
4. Obstruction: Stones in the kidney or the gall bladder can cause obstruction in urinating therefore causing the frequent urge of urination. Even in pregnancy, the uterus expands and makes urination difficult and frequent.
5. Water: Drinking of too much water is also a cause of frequent urination in women. Once the bladder is full to its capacity, one will have to empty it.
Other reasons may include ovarian cysts, increased levels of calcium, chronic renal failure, high blood pressure and sometimes psychological causes like stress and anxiety.
This condition can be cured by making few lifestyle changes without any medications. Eating the right kind of food and avoiding alcohol and caffeinated drinks can help to a great deal. A way to treat this condition is by using natural remedies.
Natural Remedies – Frequent urination in women can be cured by using these natural remedies:
1. Intake of cranberry juice is effective in treating infections of the kidney.
2. Vitamin C: Eat food and fruits rich in vitamin C to prevent bacterial infection which can result in frequent urination.
3. Exercises: Do exercises which strengthen the muscles and health of the bladder.
4. Juice: Juices of carrots and grapes help to clear the urinary tract.
5. Avoid high sugar drinks and caffeinated drinks.
6. Avoid intake of water and other fluids before going to sleep.
7. Eat yogurt regularly which contains the good bacteria needed by our body.
8. Pumpkin seeds are rich in fatty acids which have a beneficial effect on the health of the bladder.
9. The herb St John’s Wort is effective in the condition of frequent urination in women.
10. Eat food that is high in fiber and avoid food that is diuretic.
11. Kegels exercises help to strengthen the pelvic muscles for better bladder control and reduce the urgency to urinate.
Simple and natural remedies like these above can help you overcome the condition of frequent urination in women.